How do I look? It's a question us women ask a lot. We want to know if we look beautiful. I made this sign to go in the closet or next to the make-up table. Just a sweet reminder that we're beautiful and wonderfully created by God. If you see yourself as precious in God's sight then that beauty will be even more radiant in your outward beauty. Don't forget- you look beautiful!
Friday, November 22, 2013
Friday, November 8, 2013
Tuesday, November 5, 2013
These are my best sellers. They are a little baby security blankets. They measure 14.5" square. They are knit fabric on the front, soft dimple fabric on the back and have satin binding around the edge. You can find out more information on them at my Etsy shop: www.simplyerin.etsy.com
Friday, November 1, 2013
Friday, October 4, 2013
Sunday, September 15, 2013
Exodus 20:8-11 KJV
God created the earth in six days and rested on the seventh. Do your work in six days and on the seventh day rest- Exodus 23:12. And here are a few verses on rest:
Wednesday, September 11, 2013
Thursday, August 29, 2013
Here are a few ways I've learned to save money. I love to not spend money, especially since doing so helps us to put money away for a rainy day and for when we have kids and I stay home with them.-not for a couple years though. :-)
40 Ways to Save Money:
1. Turn off the lights when you’re not in a room.
2. Pay extra principal on your mortgage every month.
3. Pay off your credit card balance every month.
4. Get a credit card that earns points.
5. Pay your bills online to save on postage.
6. Pay your bills on time to avoid late fees.
7. Carry cash instead of credit/debit cards. It’s harder for us to part with “real” money.
8. Buy generic, in most cases it tastes just as good as the name brand.
9. Make a list for the grocery store, and stick to it.
10. Don’t buy junk food. It’s not benefiting your health anyways.
11. Buy in bulk when you know it won’t go bad before it expires.
12. Clip coupons.
13. Cancel unused magazine prescriptions.
14. Plan a sensible route for your errands and avoid going out for just one thing.
15. Shop at consignment or second hand stores. Some stores have really cute clothes!
16. Rent books, movies, and CD’s from the library. Don’t buy them, especially if you only read them once.
17. Cancel your internet service if you don’t use it much and can get by using your work or library’s internet.
18. Hand-me-downs. I loved getting clothes from my sister.
19. Eat at home instead of eating out.
20. When you do eat out, split a meal.
21. Stop smoking, drinking and chewing. It only hurts your health.
22. Make your own laundry soap.
23. Carpool to work or group activities.
24. Opt for public school instead of private. It can be just as good.
25. Encourage your high schooler to apply for scholarships for college.
26. Open an interest bearing account at the bank, like a CD or Money Market.
27. Don’t run the water while you’re brushing your teeth or shaving your legs in the shower.
28. Ride your bike or walk places if you can.
29. Go to the movies during the week. Around here it’s only $5.
30. Don’t get a gym membership. Run outside (or on the dusty treadmill in the basement) and rent exercise videos from the library.
31. Buy used items. Check out Craigslist.com.
32. Make your own gifts, if you’re crafty.
33. Shop the sales rack of stores.
34. Reconsider whether you really, really need that new pair of shoes.
35. Go to garage sales. One man’s junk is another man’s treasure.
36. Try to fix things yourself before you hire some help.
37. Wash laundry when you have a full load.
38. Cancel your cable subscription. Spend your time doing other things.
39. Don't impulse buy. Put it back on the shelf and wait a few days or even a month, then decide if you still want it.
40. Stay home and have a family game night instead of going out.
Wednesday, August 28, 2013
Salmon Patties:1/3 cup brown rice
2/3 cup water
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/3 cup shredded carrot
1/4 cup ground almonds
2 Tbsp flour
1 Tbsp sour cream
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/2 (14-oz) can salmon, drained
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp butter
1. In small saucepan, combine rice and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until rice is tender and liuid is absorbed.
2. In large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and carrot; cook and stir for 4 minutes. Remove from heat and combine with almonds, flour, sour cream, salt, pepper, and egg in a medium bowl. Stir in cooked rice, then add salmon and stir gently. Add cheese and mix.
3. Form mixture into four patties. Wipe out large saucepan and melt butter over medium heat. Add patties and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side, turning once, until patties are crisp and brown (cooked min longer to make sure they were done). Serve immediately.
Freeze leftover fish: place fish in a freezer bag or container, seal, label and freeze for up to 3 months. To thaw, place in refrigerator overnight.
For sweet potatoes, clean skins, poke holes with a fork, wrap with aluminum foil and cook in a 450 degree oven for 40-50 minutes or 350 degree oven for 70-80 minutes.
Monday, August 5, 2013
Friday, August 2, 2013
Place your order by September 1st to receive it at my current price of $10/hour. This is an amazing price for the quality of work. I love to sew and take great care in every project that I complete.
Listed below are some ideas of possible projects. If you have any additional ideas, like purses or pillow shams, please contact me. I'm willing to work from patterns as well. I list custom order items and their fabric amounts on my Custom Orders tab at the top of the page. If you would like me to help calculate the fabric total I'd be glad to do that. Also, since these are personal items I prefer to have you purchase the fabric. This way you can get exactly the print you want.
- Laying out and pinning layers of the quilt
- Quilting the layers
- Cutting, sewing and ironing together binding strips
- Sewing binding onto quilt
- Hand sewing binding to back of the quilt (pictured above)
Please let me know if you have any questions. I'd love to work on a project for you!
I cannot believe it's December!! Where has the year gone? (I think I say that every year!) And with the thought of December and snow, i...
For my son's nursery I knew that I somehow wanted to display his name on the wall. I know... everyone is doing this. I've see...
I make this smoothie every morning that I can for my husband. He loves them! He drinks the big glass as breakfast, and I drink the small g...