Monday, May 12, 2014

Easy Baked Tortilla Nachos

 
A simple recipe that toddlers can easily help with! This is a recipe from my childhood. It's one my mom used to make. Actually I think I remember her and my dad making these to eat with their movie after us kids went to bed. They ate them with jalapenos, which actually sounds good! I love the sweet jalapenos. Mmmm.
(The recipe and instructions are after all the pictures.)
 






 

 
Easy Baked Tortilla Nachos
2 tortilla shells
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (mild cheddar)
 
Optional: chili powder & cumin or taco seasoning, jalapenos, sour cream
 
Spray baking dish with non-stick spray or use a silicone liner.
Tear tortillas into chip size pieces and spread on the pan.
Sprinkle on the cheese and spices and jalapenos(if using).
Bake in a 400 degree oven for 10-12 minutes. 
Broil on low for the last few minutes if desired.
Top with sour cream if you want.
Enjoy while hot!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I never would have guessed you could bake tortilla shells. We make nachos by topping tortilla chips with beans, rice and cheese, but I'll have to try this method next time :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts