Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Lord is Good

(Ruger and Peyton playing in our first snow(yesterday!))
 (Peyton runs so fast!)
 (Ruger loves eating snow!)

     The Lord is good. It's easy to say this on a day when the sun is shining and everything seems to be going your way. It's so much harder to believe this when bad things happen. Things we don't understand. It's hard to say the Lord is good and His way is best when a loved one dies. For my cousin's short life of 25 years she filled it with loving and helping others. And it is a great comfort knowing she will be teaching little children in heaven now, just like she wished to do here on earth.
      So many times in our lives we ask "Why, God, why?" He knows why, and we just have to trust in Him and have faith.  How easy is it for all of us to take one another for granted? Love one another! One of the most important things in life: Love. God loves us and wants us to love one another. Spend time with those you care about and reach out to those who need a friend. I hope that people can see the love of Christ through my life.
     How are you doing today? Does life have you down? Busyness? Distractions? Sorrow? Turn it over to the Lord, trust Him, thank Him for all your blessings and know that you aren't alone in this life. You have many friends and family that love you, and you've got a friend in Christ.

Love, Erin

A poem I wrote in high school:

Under the Red Maple Tree
No one is here to hear my cries, to dry my tears, to mend my soul.
I look out at the red and yellow trees in the distance and wish you were here by my side.
Shivering, I long to feel the warmth of your body as you cuddle me in your arms.
Your love radiated like an old wood stove burning bright.
The sun is quickly setting as I sit on the old wood swing beneath the red Maple tree, where we sat so many times before just talking about life, love and little things.
Your spot on the swing is empty.
A stiff fall gust of wind causes me to pull your warm jacket even tighter about myself.
I wish you were here to watch the leaves fall from the trees.
You always loved to see the squirrels scurry about gathering nuts.
Sitting on our swing brings me back to a time when things were sweet, simple and serene.
I quietly ponder, in these last hours of the day, how I will live without you by my side.
Your smile could light up my day like the sun lights up the sky.
I miss you so much!
You are my sister, and you no longer are here to sit by me on our swing under the red Maple tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts