Monday, June 6, 2011

Detox Diet Day 1

    I just started my detox meal plan. And it's quite challenging! Why detox? To cleanse out the body of all the toxins we take in every day. (Even though our liver and kidneys do a great job of this naturally). Also, I want to see if removing certain thing from my diet will help me to feel better. Sometimes I feel tired, and I get headaches all the time!
     For my detox I'm cutting out practically everything for the fist few days.(a week if I can make it that long)
What I can't eat: Dairy, Wheat, Gluten, Meat, Chocolate and Sugar
What's left: Fruits, Veggies, Nuts, Seeds, Rice, EVOO, spices...
     It's hard to give up dairy b/c I have milk EVERY morning with my oatmeal. I love cereal. I like yogurt for a snack. And cheese on my salads is a must.
    I also love chocolate and always raid the freezer for pieces of dark chocolate bars, or chocolate chips. So, it will be hard not having chocolate.
    It's not hard to forgo sugary foods, and I'm not a big meat eater, although I do enjoy it b/c it helps fill me up!

     Here's what i've had to eat today:
     -Oatmeal w/ flaxseed, cinnamon and blueberries
     -Smoothie w/ water, frozen strawberries, banana, endo 24, pb2
     -1/2 grapefruit
     -organic red grapes
     -organic gala apple
     -spinach salad w/ vinaigrette, raspberries, cucumber, organic carrots, tomato, sunflower seeds and sliced almonds
     -rice cake
     -Brown rice w/ frozen corn & broccoli, EVOO and seasoning
     -water and green tea
     -multivitamin and supplements

And I feel full and pretty darn good! We'll see if I can keep this up. I know I don't have an exact plan, but I've got some good books from the library for ideas and recipes.

2 comments:

  1. That looks like it would be really, really good! I need to start doing that and get my energy back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. um- how have I missed so many fantastic posts! Detox diet sounds so good! and I do okay- until I get hungry :) how did it go? did you make it? do you feel better? do you take magnesium? ah. you've inspired me- I need to do this!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts