Saturday, July 20, 2013

HyVee Grocery Trip


We headed out bright and early this morning to get groceries before it got too unbearably hot.
I enjoy going to the store with my little buddy.
It's so much nicer now that he can sit in the cart.
And here's the whole shebang.
I went in without a good grocery list. Gasp.
And my coupon book is looking mighty pitiful. :(
 But I love buying whole foods!
If we don't buy the cookies and processed foods it won't be in the house to eat.
Ok, so we buy it sometimes.
(Like the Gatorade in the back of this picture. It's for my hubby.)
And did you notice the PURPLE CAULIFLOWER?
Couldn't pass that up. Wonder how they make it purple.



Their health food market was having a 10% off everything sale.
So, between that and using 4 coupons- yes- only 4!-
I saved about $11.
Unfortunately HyVee doesn't add what you save in shopping sales items to their receipts. They totally should! I know I saved more shopping sales, but it'd be nice if they listed it on their receipts like Price Chopper.
I spent an average of $1.53 per item.

So, $1.53 for:
~each bag of peanuts, pistachios, slivered almonds and cashews
~32 oz. organic yogurt
~half gallon almond milk
~half gallon coconut milk
~3 lbs organic apples
~2 lbs strawberries
~organic puffed rice
~organic romaine lettuce
~each bottle of gatorade
*the last one is the one I don't consider such a great deal. But taking the average makes my other purchases seem awesome.

 And this is the best thing I got at the store!
A sweet little baby boy.
My goodness he doesn't look like my little baby anymore!
How can that be? 
He's not even one yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts